Tui’s Nest Childcare, Quality Childcare North Shore
At Tui’s Nest Childcare, we aim provide children with a positive and well balanced environment that is safe, challenging, nurturing and educational.
The Centres Philosophy
To extend and enhance children’s learning by providing meaningful and stimulating experiences, incorporating mixed aged groups in areas of cognitive, physical, social and emotional developments.
We are inspired and influenced by Reggio Emilia, Emi Pikler and Magda Gerber Philosophies.
Planning For Individual Childrens Needs By:
· Individual observations by Educators including learning stories, anecdotal stories and photos.
· Setting a goal for children based on individual strengths and interests.
· Implementing these plans and experiences.
· Evaluating experiences and learning outcomes.
· Sharing information with teaching team at meetings and putting information into child’s individual Portfolio.
· Collating children’s creative work and photos. These are then displayed in their individual portfolio and around the centre.
· Making portfolios available for Parents, Caregivers, Educators and children to view.
“The curriculum is provided by the people, places and things in the child’s environment; the adults, the other children, the physical environment and resources. The curriculum integrates care and education and includes both specifically planned experiences and activities and interactions that arise spontaneously”
“The sum total of the experiences, activities and events, whether direct or indirect which occur within an environment designed to foster children’s learning and development”
“For children to grow up as competent and confident learners and communicators, healthy in mind, body and spirit, secure in their sense of belonging and in the knowledge that they make a valued contribution to society.” Source Te Whariki (Early Childhood Curriculum)