What's the hardest thing you have to do for your business? For most of us, it's finding things to post on our social media platforms. From Facebook to Instagram, LinkedIn to Twitter, coming up with fresh new post ideas is darn near impossible sometimes.
Then there's the time that goes into creating content, engaging with your page likers and keeping tabs on what others in your industry are also doing. It's completely understandable that finding things to post about on social media is often put into the too hard basket.
Until now, that is. We're sharing 50 of the best social media post ideas to make things much easier for you.
50 of the World's Best Social Media Post Ideas
No longer will you need to struggle coming up with ideas to share on your business' social media accounts. Try one of these 50 ideas instead:
- Quotes - from celebrities, thought leaders, or clients
- Polls - ask a question and invite people to reply
- Workplace - share photos of your workplace, including yourself at work
- Answer questions - if you have an FAQ page, share a Q & A from there
- Employee profile - introduce your team members
- Fill in the blank posts - I would ______ if I had the day off, etc
- Blogs - share blurbs and links to blogs on your website
- Products - share examples of your popular products in use
- Industry news - what's happening in your industry?
- Product videos - how your product works, or simply showing it from all angles
- Customer reviews - let others know what your customers said about your business
- Quick tips - short titbits or hints which will help readers do something
- Interview a customer - let them share how they use your product or service
- Share community events - if it's happening locally and related to your industry, share it
- Seasonal info - if it's hot, share tips on how to cool down etc
- Customer of the month - share something neat about what one of your customers has done
- Events or training - let your audience know what you've been up to recently
- Statistics - industry grabbing facts and statistics in a graphic form are always interesting
- Multi choice question - which product colour do you like best -a,b or c?
- Newsletters - share snippets from or even the entire newsletter you just sent out
- Books - if you've read a great book related to your industry, tell your audience about it
- Shout out - eaten something great from a local business? Do a shout out about it
- Milestones - share milestones about your company - time in business, sales, new staff member
- Social media platforms - let your audience know about your other platforms and what you post on them
- Mailing list - ask people to join your mailing list and share the benefits of doing so
- Say thank you - thank your audience for their support
- Memes - an old favourite
- Links to free resources - give the links to where you have some free resources to help your audience
- Job listings - if you're hiring, let your audience know
- Historic days - on this day in XXXX: tell people what happened in the past
- Promote an event you are hosting
- Image scrambles - take a close up of one of your products, and ask people to guess what it is
- Business successes - celebrate with your fans on things you have accomplished
- Ask for feedback - would you like to learn more about X?
- How to videos - create a short video which explains how something you offer works
- Product reviews - share links to reviews of your products
- Regular series - at the same time each week, host a Q&A, post a video or a new blog post
- Share a survey - set a survey and ask people to complete it
- Reshare your popular posts
- Host a giveaway
- Funny photos - share a humorous photo with your business logo on it
- Pinterest - check out Pinterest for photos to share, but remember to credit the creator
- Recommend a tool - if it's useful to you, share it with your audience
- Day in the life - give a recap of what it's like to be you or an employee
- Ask for advice on an industry related problem
- Random posts - what you had for tea last night, something funny which happened during the day etc
- Caption this - grab a photo and ask for caption suggestions
- Promote another business
- Truth or fiction - give a statement about your business and ask followers to say if it if true or false
- Weekly round-up - make a list of the week's highlights: blogs, products and events
Now that you've read our 50 ideas for social media posts, start using them! For more help on ways you can increase social media engagement, take a read of our article 12 Tips to Increase Engagement on Social Media now.