Today’s landscape is ever changing and the competition to attract and retain talent is increasingly becoming harder. Your point of difference is your company’s culture, talent will decided within the first 6 months whether they have made the right move or not. Your challenge now is to move away from the box ticking exercise and provide your talent with a culture onboarding framework that will knock their socks off!
Top 5 tips for delivering a knockout onboarding framework
- build your framework around – Company Culture, Personal Network & Professional Development, Early Career Support, Strategic immersion.
- Orientation v Onboarding. Know the difference? Orientation is a task which happens during Onboarding whereby we tell new employees things they need to know in a very non-interactive way (box ticking). This still needs to happen, however you now have a framework where staff and managers are champions at creating great experiences, all leading to happy, engaged, positively adding value and growth to your business.
- Get rid of time restrictions. understandably there maybe some due to legislation depending on your industry, however lets not restrict onboarding to the first 8 weeks, let’s push the boat right out and spend the entire first year nailing our onboarding.
- Personalise. Adapt your onboarding to individuals needs, empowering them and their managers to tackle challenges as they arise.
- Onboarding is everyone’s responsibility.
Thanks to Carlene Cambell for this informative article. For more information about onboarding, please visit Navigate-HR's website.