What's a Business Side Hustle?
If you're looking for a way to make more money, chances are you're looking for a profitable side hustle.
A side hustle is a job or activity which is outside of your main job or activity, which makes you money. A side hustle business lets you work when you can, giving you the benefits of running a business while retaining your main income.
Many small businesses initially start off as a side hustle and can quickly become profitable and a full-time business.
We've put together a great list of ideas to help you choose your business side hustle.
Choosing a New Business Side Hustle
Considering a side hustle is likely to become a full time business at some stage, it pays to choose one which you are passionate about, right from the start. Here are some of our favourite side hustle ideas for you to consider:
- Virtual assistant - help others keep on top of things by offering VA services in your spare time.
- Blogger - start up your own blog focused on a specific niche and create a following. You can then sell website advertising, share affiliate links and create your own courses.
- Reseller - if you love hunting through Op Shops, why not sell your bargains on your own website?
- Affiliate marketing - why not recommend the products and services you love and get a kick back from doing so?
- Teach online - set up a website promoting your teaching services, and use a platform like Zoom to teach from.
- Make things - if you have a craft or talent you can make, start selling what you can create on your own eCommerce website.
- eBooks - write and sell your own eBooks.
- Ghostwriter - if you love writing, write for others who can then use your words under their own name.
- Bookkeeping - if you are good with numbers, consider helping out those who aren't.
- Dog walking or pooper scooping - get fit and get paid at the same time.
- Dropshipping - create a website and sell dropshipped products.
For more business side hustle ideas, take a read of our article, 50 Home Business Ideas for New Zealanders.
Posted: Monday 14 October 2019