Once again we're heading into Christmas and the pressure is on to sell-sell-sell. With almost every business pushing their products on social media, it is easy to become lost in all the hustle and bustle. This makes it even more important that both what you post and how you post it gets noticed. We've put together a collection of social media Christmas marketing ideas to help you ring the bells this Christmas; your till bells.
7 Christmas Marketing Ideas for Your Social Media Posts
Online shopping is quickly becoming the norm for many people. It's easier, less stressful and helps to avoid the Christmas crowds. Over 64% of customers are using social media to get inspiration for what they will buy, and your business needs to be in there sharing your products. But with so much competition out there, getting your products the attention you want can be difficult.
Using creative and attention grabbing marketing campaigns on social media can help increase sales over the holiday period. Here are seven Christmas social media marketing ideas you might want to try out:
- Update your social media profiles - on each of your social media accounts, update your brand's profile photos and covers with Christmas themed graphics.Keep a similar theme between the different platforms you use to ensure brand continuity.
- Ask followers to share their wish lists - have your followers list the gifts they would like for Christmas from your store and ask them to tag their friends and family in their comments.
- Give back to your community - promote a campaign where for every share of a post (or similar) your business will donate $1 (up to a set amount) to a local charity.
- Create a hashtag campaign - make up a hashtag for your business and promote it on all your platforms. Ask followers to share your hashtag with anything related to your brand.
- Make funny videos - everyone loves a great video, so spend time creating a Christmas themed one which educates and entertains your followers.
- Share a holiday gift guide - on your website, create a holiday gift guide article to products on your website. Share bits from it in your posts, along with the link to the full guide on your website.
- Theme your posts - decide on some Christmas colours that you will use throughout the season on your posts. Ensure that the photos, graphics and text you share are all using these colours.
Our article Is Your Business Ready for Christmas has some great pointers about preparing for the holiday season, including how to manage your business' cashflow. It's well worth a read now!