What Social Proof Do You Have?
Testimonials and reviews are playing an ever growing role in helping businesses sell more of their products and services.
Stepping Up Your Game Using Social Proof
Social proof on your website helps visitors make a decision as to whether or not they'll do business with you. That's because people trust other people just like them. It's like jumping on the bandwagon; if they see that others are already purchasing and using your products or services, then they'll want to as well.
As a marketing strategy, it ranks high on the importance scale. That's because social proof can:
- convey trust and authority
- grow credibility
- boost your SEO rankings
This means that having a variety of examples of such proof on your website is a great idea! This can take the form of:
- written and video reviews and testimonials
- case studies
- customer names and company logos
- seals of approval
- download and purchase counts
- listing the number of customers
- photos from customers
- sharing buttons with share and like counts
But in order to have such proof displayed on your website, you need to first ask your customers and clients to give it to you!
Tips On Collecting Social Proof
- sending out a survey to new clients or customers - ask them for their thoughts on their purchase. Encourage replies by offering a future discount for completed surveys.
- encourage posting on social media - create a hashtag your customers can use when discussing your products. These help you track what is said about your brand online.
- give free products to influencers - if they have a large audience which you consider as part of your audience type, ask them to review one of your products.
- ask in person - if you are giving away samples at an event, ask for immediate feedback on them!
Make sure that you thank every reviewer for sharing their thoughts, and in the case of negative reviews, explain what you have put into place to avoid a repeat of their problem in the future. Take a read of Website World's article Best Ways to Manage Negative Reviews Online for more details on how to do this.
Posted: Tuesday 10 March 2020